Pumpkin, a red fox, came to us with untreated and terrible injuries after a car accident. She arrived with two broken legs and in a comatose state due to dehydration and emaciation. As she recovered from her injuries, we noticed she was behaving differently to other foxes. After further tests, we discovered she suffered from toxoplasmosis, a parasite that foxes get from rats. This left her permanently handicapped and in need of permanent care.
Today, she is a part of our family and has a central role as our figurehead and wildlife ambassador.